Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Installing XP virtual machine on ESXi 3.5

Well I have been running many different OS's on quite a few different ESX boxes, however, I never yet had installed Win XP on any of them. Well the other day I wanted to do some testing on XP and decided to do just that. Well it was not that easy. Suddenly I was faced with an error message: "setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer".

I did not get too worried as I found a solution quite fast, however, I did think to share this with rest of the folk.

While booting windows XP image press F6 in order to load drivers manually. You will also have to mount floppy image on that specific machine that will contain the drivers needed.

Here is a link to floppy image for you to download: http://www2.griswold.k12.ct.us/vmscsi-1204.flp

No comments:

Post a Comment